Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Music Q

  1. #1
    TastinGood
    Guest TastinGood's Avatar

    Post

    ...since this is rap/movie/eminem related (three things ek3 knows a fair amount about) I am posting this here...

    Someone I know let me borrow the eminem movie '8 Mile' today. I just popped it into my DVD player here on my PC so that I could watch the video for the song 'Superman'.
    On the back of the case it claims to have the "Never - Before - Seen Uncensored 'Superman' Music Video" so I was curious as to what exactly I would see after popping in the disc.

    So I select the video and sit back and watch it (ok, well really I have it on in the background). The first surprise was seeing the girl in the video take her top off (which was small to begin with) and reveal her breasts (implants, obviously).

    The next thing I noticed was that some of the lyrics were different. They were the edited version that is heard on the radio. The odd thing was that some of the lyrics were not edited. I dont understand this...why edit 'fuck' in one part of the song and not the other?
    At least be uniform in your editing! And there are tits shown! WTF?! Why edit anything at all?

    Tipper Gore wouldn't be happy about this!

    Ok so since I know a lot of you probably wont see this video on the DVD I have included a list of the 'real' lyrics followed by what they were changed to in the video....

    <ul type="square">You high baby? = You alright baby?

    Leap tall hoes in a single bound = Leap tall girls in a single bound

    Superman aint savin shit = Superman aint savin spit

    I'll tell a mo'fuckin slut to her face, = I'll tell a giddy little girl to her face

    Kiss my dick = kiss my grits

    Puss blew out = looks blew out

    Bitch if you died, wouldn't buy you life = trick if you died, wouldnt buy you life

    But I guess that's just what sluts do = But I guess that's just what girls do

    But I do know one thing though,
    Bitches they come they go = But I do know one thing though,
    chickens they come they go

    'Till then just sit your drunk ass on that fuckin runway hoe = 'Till then just sit your drunk ass on that empty runway, oh

    Put Anthrax on a Tampax and slap you till you can't stand = Put *word blanked out* on a Tampax and *word blanked out* you till you can't stand[/list]


    and here are some of the lyrics that were left in...

    <ul type="square">"Bitch you make me hurl... "

    "girl you can jump on shady's dick,"

    "I'm a different man, kiss my ass, kiss my lips, bitch why ask?"

    "Till then just sit your drunk ass on that fuckin runway"

    "Can't we fuck? Bitch so what?"

    "We just met and I just fucked you"
    [/list]

    I guess my reason for the post is to ask if anyone has ever seen editing like this before.

    er...bye

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    who lent you the disc? *raises eyebrow*

  3. #3
    TastinGood
    Guest TastinGood's Avatar

    Post

    the new person that works at my place of employment

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ahhhhhhhhhhhh

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I asked you for a job and you said no positions available!! [img]frown.gif[/img] (

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •